We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.gander.co and
on the Gander App. This includes information provided at the time of registration to be notified when we launch our service / new services, and signing-up to use the platform (which may be directly through our website or the mobile application, or through third party service providers, and in the case of the latter, we will obtain the personal data you have provided to the third party service provider), subscribing to our service, adding material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our mobile application or provide feedback.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes,
although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our mobile application and your correspondence
within the application with other users
- Details of your visits to our mobile application including, but not limited to, traffic data, location
data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, so we may compile statistics relating to your use of the mobile application.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and kept for the duration of your use of our service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the mobile application. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details provided in the mobile application.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our mobile application is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device for accessing the mobile application.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications, should this service be introduced within the mobile application
In addition to the above uses we may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Argadnel Ventures Limited, trading as Gander, the mobile application, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the mobile application.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will use reasonable endeavours to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out in the mobile application.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (maximum £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be notified and made available to you using the mobile application. Your continued use of the services and the mobile application shall be deemed your acceptance of the varied Policy.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below. The cookies we use include "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the App when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
_utma _utmc _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports on general user traffic, conversion statistics and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information anonymously.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
When you download or use the Gander App on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your device. Most often this is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the mobile application to remember you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser or device may also provide Gander with information about your device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and App ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the app you are running).